This video will guide you through the steps needed to install the WordPress content management system on your own domain or web server.
The five steps to install WordPress…
1. First, we’ll download the latest version of WordPress from WordPress.org.
2. Then, we’ll upload those files to our web server, using FTP.
3. Third, we’ll create a MySQL database and user for WordPress.
4. Then, we’ll need to configure WordPress to connect to our newly-created database,
5. And last, complete the installation and setup our new website.
If you liked this video, you might want to check out the rest of our WP101 WordPress tutorial series, and see why 15,000 beginners have learned how to use WordPress in less than an hour with our easy-to-follow video tutorials: http://www.wp101.com
Over your head? Don’t sweat it!
If you find that the instructions in this video are still over your head, don’t worry about it! Simply head over to our good friends at WP Engine (http://www.wp101.com/go/wpengine/) and let them handle it for you. They’ll install WordPress, take care of updates for you, backup your site nightly, monitor your site 24/7 for malware, and provide answers along the way. It doesn’t get any easier than that!