More WordPress videos at http://imaginewp.com/.
### Menu Social Icons WordPress Installation and Setup
I’ve been meaning to do more videos, but I want to be sure that I have proper time to prepare and create them… so its been a bit slow. Today however I want to share a really nifty little plugin with you.
In the simplest of terms Menu Social Icons allows you to add links to your social media accounts within the regular menu section of WordPress. These links show up as icons… which is really nice.
The other great thing about this plugin is that it is really easy to use. All you need to do is install and activate the plugin and then add a menu item using the “Links” option… choose a social media icon, add your link text, save the menu and you are good to go!
I would note that some themes don’t deal too nicely with the spacing of the icons… you can tweak the spacing pretty easily with a bit of css. Beyond that, there are a number of other tweaks that can be made with a couple of short code snippets. (They are on the WP plugin page linked below.)
– Menu Social Icons – https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-social-icons/
– Paul Clark (plugin author) – https://twitter.com/pdclark
– 10up (plugin author) – https://twitter.com/10up
– Lovecraft (WordPress theme) – https://wordpress.org/themes/lovecraft/
– Anders Noren (theme author) – https://twitter.com/andersnoren
I hope this video was helpful, thanks for watching and sharing,
P.S. Feel free to comment below with questions, comments or suggestions for future videos…